Last week I was in San Francisco and treated myself to a pomegranate mimosa. I love the good ‘ol classic for brunch, but the switch in the juice was new to me and I must admit it was delicious! This inspired me to experiment. Its not just the juice that changes but throw in some pink grapefruit and it also earns a new title. Check out some of my new faves.
The (“Big”) Mama Mimosa
Favorite Restaurant Recipe
Preparation time: 3 minutes. Serves 1.
– Orange Juice
– Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
– 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
– Put 1-2 cubes of raspberry ice in a large wine glass (see below)
– Slowly fill about 3/5 of the wine glass with chilled champagne
– Add chilled orange juice but leave a little room from the top of the glass
– Add 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur and very gently stir.
– Garnish with a sliced orange and Enjoy!
– Crumble fresh or thawed raspberries into the compartments of an ice cube tray
– Fill the tray with water and freeze
– Add one or two raspberry ice cubes to your Mimosa as described above
A few extra hints..
– Add a tablespoon of Grand Marnier and you’ll have created a Grand Mimosa
– Use cranberry juice instead of orange juice and you have created a Hibiscus or a Poinsettia
– Use pink grapefruit instead of orange juice and enjoy a Lilosa
– A Fauxmosa is a virgin Mimosa (no champagne). Use 7 UP or Sprite in place of the champagne
Please find these recipes and much more neat things at Real Restaurant Recipes.