The Liebster Award
It’s no shocker that there are more blogs out there than flies in the sky. So whenever my fellow fashionistas come together to support each other it’s an occasion to celebrate. Yesterday I got a notification that the lovely Sweet Magnolia Chic has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am so excited that blogs without a million followers are sticking together and getting creative to help each other grow and prosper. ❤
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 400 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the questions that Marcy asked me:)
1. What is one thing on your bucket list that you wish to one day accomplish?
I would love to go to Africa and hang out in the Safari for a while..
2. Where is your most favorite place in the world?
It might sound like a cliché, but I love Paris. I fell in love with the city when I first when to visit and later ended up living there for a year. There is something about that place that makes my spirit feel light and happy.
3. What is the one thing in your closet you could never give up, it can be an article of clothing, or accessory.
My rings! I have many but they all have special meaning.
4. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started on and off since 2007 because I wanted a platform to write and share my inspirations:)
5. Who is your biggest inspiration, it can be someone you know personally, or not.
My mom and sister. They are so incredibly strong and inspire me every day.
6. What is something most people do not know about you?
When I was seven I had OCD and had to wash my hands 20 times a day.
7. What is your most favorite food and least favorite food?
My favorite food is pretty much anything my mom makes. We are Lithuanian and the potato dishes are amazing! ( I mean.. who doesn’t love potatoes?!). Least favorite would have to be shrimp. Yuk, just thinking about it…
8. What is the best advice you could give to others about life?
Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is too short.. truly. Each day is such an incredible gift, it’s not worth stressing out about insignificant things. Always remind yourself of the big picture.
9. What is your favorite current fashion trend?
I always mix and match and after failed attempts to follow trends I have long stopped trying:) I love vintage.. That trend never leaves.
10. What is one thing you love to do, or what makes you happy?
I love being with my family, sitting around a fire drinking wine with the ones I love is my version of heaven.
And here are the amazing blogs I nominate:
..My questions for you my dears:)..
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. Who is your favorite style icon?
3. What do you do to motivate yourself?
4. Where is your favorite place to sit and write your blog?
5. Which celebrity’s style inspires you?
6. What your your ideal vacation destination?
7. What language would you love to learn?
8. What is the best gift you have ever received?
9. What is your fondest childhood memory?
10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a blog?
Another big thanks to Sweet Magnolia Chic for the nomination!